Subject: Re: FLASH: Preloader/scene problems
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:17:46 GMT

Hi, Dan. When a movie is published to swf, the 'scenes' are all flattened
out into one, soooo...any action referencing a frame by number instead of
label will fail if you add scenes prior to your existing scene because if
the new "scene 1" is 20 frames long, for example, your "scene 2" "frame 1"
is going to be frame #21 when published.

I am trying to figure out the easiest way for you to correct the
situation...but both of my solutions would involve going into every action
that references a frame and changing it...either label all the frames and
you'll have to change all the actions from referencing frame numbers to
referencing the frame labels, or by adding the preloader to the beginning of
scene 1 (moving all the existing frames down the line) but that solution
also changes all the frame numbers....

Can't think of another way to solve it, though. On the other hand, if you
have already referred to all the frames by labels, then I don't know what
the problem might be.

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution