Subject: Re: New Flash/Director Golf Game needs testing...
From: Chad Richard
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 19:40:45 +0100

VERY COOL game. I was just starting to get the hang of it when it locked up
on me (win 95 NS 4).

Are you planning to make a multi player realtime version. That would be too
cool.

nice work!

chad

>Hello,
>
>We have a new Shockwave applet that needs testing. This Director applet
>utilizes the Flash Xtra.
>
>Flash Golf (our working title) is a unique Golf game that allows you to
>pan, rotate, and zoom over the golf course - courtesy of the cool
>features in Macromedia Flash!

>The temporary URL is: <http://www.blackstone.ca/projects/golf/>
>

>Instructions:
>------------
>This game uses a 2 click method for aiming and swinging.
>
>To golf, just click on the golfer and rotate. When you let go, the power
>meter will automatically start. Just press again to set the power meter
>and let go when the slice is to your liking. (There are more elaborate
>instructions on the FAQ at the URL above).
>

>NOTE:
>
>Feel free to give this URL out to whoever you may feel is interested in
>testing it, but remember that this is only a -TEMPORARY- URL. (When the
>project is done, we will send you the new permanent URL).
>
>This game utilizes Shockwave for Director and the Flash Xtra. Make sure
>you have the latest version of Shockwave installed. Unfortunately, this
>applet does not seem to work on Internet Explorer 4.01 on the Mac... (If
>anyone knows why, PLEASE let us know).
>

>Let us know what you think! Please send me your comments and feedback on
>any problems that may arise.
>
>Thanks for your time. We REALLY appreciate it.
>

>- Ron Manke
>

>P.S. These are the unresolved issues at this point:
>
>-> Things are a lot slower in Shockwave than in Director/authoring mode.
>
>-> on the PC, in projector/shockwave mode the sounds play at twice the
>sample rate (they sound high). This doesn't occur on in Director/authoring
>mode. Nor does it happen at all on Mac.
>
>-> Still trying to hunt down an obscure bug that gives you an erroneous
>hole
>under unusual circumstances. Please let us know the circumstances, if
>you notice
>this "feature".
>
>-> If you lose your internet connection, or one of the holes or hole
>descriptions files fails to download while you play the previous holes,
>unpredictable results can occur. We're going to fix this with a
>"Connection
>broken, must reload" screen.
>
>-> We have yet to test our 'test for Flash' on persons with older
>Shockwave
>plug-ins.
>

>----
>Ron Manke
>Blackstone Multimedia Corporation
>9744-45 ave.
>Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
>T6E 5C5
>Ph: (403) 433-1166 x228
>www.Blackstone.ca
>----

Chad Richard
Executive Producer
EMNetwork

"The consequences of the images will be the images of the consequences."

Heinrich Hertz