Subject: Re: FLASH: Question 3 or is number 4?
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 05:58:36 +0100

At 08:47 PM 5/23/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Have a button on a level to load a new level... BUT when I need to do back
>to another
>layer how do I:
>a. Jump to a specific point in that level? (Tell target?)

TellTarget (target: level1 or whatever)
Go to and Play (frame: label: "labelname" -- always use label names, not
numbers, it's a good habit)
End TellTarget

>and now that I think about it...
>
>b. If I jump to a lower level will flash overlay that on to another level
>that is higher?

No. Movies play on the level where they were loaded. It is up to you to
arrange the content so it's not eclipsed by higher levels. you can do this
by telling higher levels to go to frames where there is a stop action and
no visible content (commonly referred to as a Park frame, or Parking the
Movie).

BTW, remember you can only successfully TellTarget a frame that has been
loaded. This doesn't mean it has to have played (as in a movie that has a
stop action along the way). But things may hang up or buttons may appear
nonfunctional if you call a frame before its time.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.