Subject: Re: FLASH: site check (yet another)
From: Jayma
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:35:36 +0100

Hello Edward:

>Thanks in advance for taking the time to check out/critique the first Flash
>URL I'm sending out to the list (gulp!)

After some of the resent posts, I understand your feelings! But have no
fear. (big-gulp)

>1. What I've done is a really simple use of Flash. No really hardcore
>blow-your-doors-off graphics/animation like the kind I've seen from others
>on this list. Not only do I not have the skills to do the really advanced
>stuff, even if I did, this is meant to be a very simple thing.

Is was a very nice simple presentation.

The only things that really stuck out were...

1. That dang whistle kept scaring the crap out of me! Maybe I would lower
it's volume a bit, unless you don't mind scaring people. (There was this
nice BG noise, relaxed feeling with the ocean sounds, and then BAM!) (But
that could just be me!)

2. The picture seemed really lossy.

3. Just checking, but did you reuse the same symbols? Or did you recreate
each on for the text that was the same? Please don't holler at me for
asking, but the file size seemed rather large, and I am trying to figure
out why. I have to assume that it is probably due to the sounds? (took me
a good minute to start streaming on a 56k 244 G3). I am sure this is one
site that will greatly benefit from Flash 4's mp3.

Over all, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Jayma