Subject: Re: FLASH: Translating Director Movie into Flash
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 18:25:34 +0100

Kim,

Director can be viewed as a superset in relation to Flash, so there is
no easy way to do a Director->Flash conversion. If you really want to do
this use the Director movie to build your storyboard then start working
in Flash.
I would not, however take this approach. I think that your best bet is
to stay in Director and optimize the movie for web delivery in Shockwave
format. I haven't seen the Director movie but think this would be the
most rational approach. As for timeline estimates, without knowing
anything about the movie I won't even venture a guess, but the
Director->Flash approach you speak of will take more time.

Nigel