Subject: Re: FLASH: Help!!! Can't drag symbols on the scene anymore
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:32:47 +0100

Thorsten Schmiedel wrote:

> Hello fellow-flashers,
>
> we have a problem with flash on one of our machines:
> I really don't know when this happenend for the first time, but sincea few
> days it is not possible anymore to drag a symbol onto the scene...

Thorsten,

Here's a post from Matt Wobensmith (4/5, searched on "problem dragging
symbols" at http://i-technica/flashlist):

Q: Have any mac G4 users come across a problem with not being able to
drag symbols on the stage?
A: Yes. We are now hearing about this. We have had a few calls about
this. It does indeed seem like a bonifide issue.
Currently, we do not know what causes this. It's some sort of
combination of MacOS9, G3/G4 and.... ?
I have talked to several customers with this issue. While some of them
have not found a solution, some have reported fixing it by:
a) disabling virtual memory (via the Memory control panel), or
b) disabling RAM Doubler (if you have it installed).
Both of these mechanisms are similar.

Additionally, I can suggest a few more things to try, if you haven't
already:
-trash the Flash 4 prefs, located in the System Folder > Preferences.
-zap the P-RAM by holding Command-Option-P-R on startup
-turn off File Sharing
-turn off AppleTalk
-restart without extensions (press Shift key on restart)

All of these are the first line of defense in regards to Mac
troubleshooting. They may or may not help this problem. If they work,
let us know. However, some customers have reported that none of these
work for them. In this case, I don't have a solution as of right now.

--- end of Matt W post

hth,
Helen
helen triolo � http://i-technica.com
designerati-technica [dot] com � 301-424-6037

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com