Subject: Re: FLASH: movie clip question
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:54:45 +0000 (GMT)

Rusty Worden wrote:

> howdy Flashers (sounds kinda gross eh?),
> I just spent 4 hours making this really tricked out movie clip
> and found out after I had done it that I couldn't get the functionality
> I wanted from within a movie clip. I tried to copy the layers into a
> regular movie layer and got the keyframes to show up but could not
> see anything on the stage...I then tried to copy the actual images
> I was working with and paste them in place...that didn't work either...
> because I am facing a deadline I have given up trying to get all the
> functionality I wanted from it and settled for a muche paired down
> version.
>
> Any idea why this happened? Is this normal? More importantly,...
> is there any way to circumvent this problem? Aaaaaaarrrrgghh!!!
> Rusty

Not much to go by here Rusty,

Do you have a sample on the web.
Are you sure, after pasting the frames into the MC, that the first few
frames where blank?
If the first few frames of an MC are blank you will only see a white dot
or(if selected) a small
crosshair to represent the MC on the MTL.

Be sure you, A: name your MC with an "instance" and B:, provide labels in
the MC for your MTL action keyframes to communicate with.

Like I said, not much to go on, but these are the basics of MC
communication.

-DG-