Subject: Re: FLASH: Stats
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 18:57:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi David,

> im also curious. If I use a "intro.swf" and a "main interface.swf" in
> same HTML and "load movie", is there anyway to monitor the hits to
> either? Im trying to get an idea of how many people skip the intro
> and go straight to the interface. "Skip" button loads
> interface.swf.

Fairly easy if in Frames environment.
You would have 3 CGI or ASP counters:

1) Total.htm loaded into 'counter' Frame on Frameset page.
2) Bypass.htm loaded into 'counter' frame by getURL action in Bypass
button.
3) IntroCompleted.htm into 'counter' frame by getURL action by frame
Action of last frame of Intro.

Any basic CGI or ASP counters that send results to a text file could be
used. Depending on the counter you could have 3 text files or a single
file that has the 3 different counts in it. More Hit counters could be
added as needed.
As usual you could also use JavaScript but some Flash capable browsers
have no way to communicate using JavaScript and you would not be able to
count them.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/