Subject: Re: FLASH: Levels?
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 03:43:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Quinn,

Let me answer as much of this as possible. I am known to be succinct so if you
would like me to elaborate on any of the answers please feel free to ask again
for more detailed info.

>How do you know if an swf movie that has been saved can be a level in another fla file?

ANY .swf file can be used as a level in another movie. You need do nothing special to the movie itself.

>How can you tell what level a movie is?

When you Load the movie you tell it in the box titled "Level #"

>And do you import a movie ??? or... I just don't understand how another movie becomes part of the movie you are working on.

It's as easy as pie. First, go look at
http://cisco.com/mm/quickstart/8510/IQS8510_Flash.htm
and click on the button marked TASK 1.

What you are looking at is 3 .swf files.
The Level 0 file Is the banner across the top of the page.
The Level 1 file is the Step buttons on the left hand side of the page.
The level 2 file is the illustrated rack with the dimensions on the right side of the page.

Here is how it works.
The link above blahblahIQS8510_Flash.htm is an html page that contains the Level 0 movie.

In the first Keyframe of the Level 0 movie I have set the action to be:
LOAD MOVIE
LEVEL# 1
Now what happened is that The banner (level 0) loaded a .swf file (not an html file) into it's existing html page and called it Level 1. If you ever want to load something else in place of that Level 1 movie, simply load another movie and tell it to be loaded into Level 1. This will remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

I hope this helps. >=)
Rusty