Subject: CORRECTION (was Re: FLASH: copying whole movies?)
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:39:18 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry, I confused two processes here. Once you've selected Edit Multiple
Frames and set it to include all frames, what you'll be cutting and pasting
is Frames, not stage elements. To paste the frames, start with a blank
movie clip or a blank movie. Ctrl-Alt-V will paste the frames and retain
your original layers.

>Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:38:27 -0800
>To: flasheratshocker [dot] com
>From: Marc Hoffman <marchofatjps [dot] net>
>Subject: Re: FLASH: copying whole movies?
>
>At 10:16 AM 11/9/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Is it possible to copy a whole movie into another one?
>>

>Select Edit Multiple Frames. Select Onion Skin All (or drage the little
triangles above the timeline to the beginning and end of the timeline, to
do the same thing manually). Select Show All as a layer option. Select
all elements on the stage (ctrl-A in Windows). Copy them. Paste into place
(ctrl-shift-V in Windows) in the new movie or in a movie clip.

>>Also, I have a movie that has only MCs. In my end keyframe I inserted a
>>button with an action: it takes it back to the first frame and stops;
>>but if I play the movie it loops, it doesn't stop. Before I wasn't using
>>MCs and it worked. All my MCs are stopped at the end keyframes
>>individually as well. Why would it loop?
>>

>Movies loop by default. To prevent this, insert a frame action "stop" in
the last frame. Do this even if you deselect "loop" from the movie export
settings -- it's a more sure-fire method.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>