Subject: FLASH: Javascript/FLASH Pre-Loader IE PROBLEM
From: Alan Prather
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:27:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

Here's a challenging one:

I've seen many pre-loaders out there but I was really anxious to make one that was
reuseable and reflected the downloaded percentage accurately.

So, I wrote some Javascript to Poll  the flashmovie.PercentLoaded() function for a large movie and move the frame posistion of another SMALL movie with a progress bar to the appropriate frame EX: Frame 1:blank prog bar.
Frame 2-11 10% increments respectively.

MY PROBLEM:
It works in Communicator but I can't get an IE  version to work. It seems to get caught in the loop in IE and never
continues to load the document.
Could somebody look at:
Navigator version: (IT WORKS IN NAVIGATOR, should in IE Too.(Save the doc and read the JS comments)

and the copy I made to try to make it IE friendly....IT WILL LOCK your IE browser.
It seems to get caught in the loop... Don't know why.
NOTE: I've put a lot of goofy test code and alerts inside.

-Alan