Subject: Re: FLASH: Javascript/FLASH Pre-Loader IE PROBLEM
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:11:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Alan,

> I've seen many pre-loaders out there but I was really anxious to make
> one that was reuseable and reflected the downloaded percentage accurately.
I personally prefer to use the streaming capability of Flash and not use
a meter to track the loading process, I'd rather them start seeing
content rather than seeing when they will get it. You can also make
accurate preload indicators internally in Flash with 'If Frame is
Loaded' but they must be customized to the movie to be accurate.

> MY PROBLEM:
> It works in Communicator but I can't get an IE version to work. It
> seems to get caught in the loop in IE and never
> continues to load the document.
> http://members.xoom.com/sevenfiveone/progress_bar.htm
You don't have a VBScript subroutine to convert calls from the Flash
ActiveX control to JavaScript. Look at the code in the Demos.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Scripting

Also it hung my Netscape 3 browser. Too many JavaScript calls.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/