Subject: FLASH: Moused out to the Max
From: Len Harrison
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:58:21 +0000 (GMT)

Fellow Flashers --

It is just me or do you find yourself totally maddened by the need to
repeatedly define similiar actions on buttons and frames with the
mouse-heavy Flash interface? Is it only me that spends literally days
programming stuff into these little boxes when the conceptual element is
done and the design aspect half complete, wishing for ctrl-C, ctrl-V if
nothing else? Am I alone in wondering why the copy/paste frames command
renames your layers and adds new ones instead of just copying the frames
down their timeline in a logical way?

There are a lot of cool possibilities for the future of Flash. For myself
I'd like to see string variables and a text entry box if nothing else.
Assuming stringvars could be used as labels, that could open the program up
tremendously.

BUT, more than anything else, I'd like to be able to type commands into
Flash, copy/paste, and search/replace. A simple text interface would be so
much easier than these insane dialogs when you have a lot of code to get in.
In fact, I don't even care about an editor. I've got a bunch of those. Just
let the program read ASCII files. I don't even care how arcane the syntax
is.

YES I have written the Flash Wish List about this. That's why I'm writing
this list now. If you are experiencing mouse madness also, please join me.
Let's lobby for something a bit more humane.

Yours in RMI,

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com