Subject: RE: FLASH: flash:illustrator 8 import problems
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:31:04 +0000 (GMT)

At 4:49 PM 11/11/98, william myers wrote:
>Illustrator 8 forget it,
>I get the same clip art. It looks like the adobe logo upside down and
>backwards with all the layers merged into one.
>we are using the final version of Ill 8 so I am fairly certain this is
>widespread.
>I have to save as Il 6 to import vector illustrations and maintain layers

Update: I checked here with some of my partners, and they've also received
reports that Illustrator 8 breaks import filters. Until they fix it, it's
best to save out in formats available at the time Flash 3 was developed.

(If you haven't already done so, it might be useful to request in the
Illustrator forums that this be addressed in any near-term updater, as well
as tested against during development, thanks in advance.)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Dreamweaver owners' 2.0 beta: http://www.dreamweaver.com/