Subject: Re: FLASH: Internet Explorer Question
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:36:12 +0000 (GMT)

William,

Flash3 does work with IE on a Mac, but...

Internet Explorer is as browsers go a very non standard product and some
of it's ports are not only non standard but also sub standard. The Mac
ports fall in this later case. We are finding out recently why IE comes
installed as the default browser on Mac's so I'll say no more.
So what works and what does not work ?
If you have a setup that uses scripting to detect the browser most Mac
users will be unable to view your Flash anim's, this is a 'feature that
can be corrected.
If you use FSCommands in your Flash anim with interaction via scripting
then it will not work on the Mac/IE combo, this is a 'feature' that is
not correctable.