Subject: RE: FLASH: lists - do we really need to quote entire messages???
From: Len Harrison
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:29:41 +0000 (GMT)

Personal opinion: No, quotes in tota are not necessary. I tend to avoid this
myself, particularly in long messages or threads, less in replies to short
msgs.

Personal observation: However, the world looks different in digest mode. A
lot of us seem to be in immediate mode on this list, judging from the rapid
immediate mode, you just get the titles and then open them up. Most people
post the new stuff at the top, so some of us never even notice when a msg is
quoted in full and when not. Personally, I'll try to keep my pearls more
digestible in the future.

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com