Subject: RE: FLASH: CDs, FSCommands, and BATs
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:05:10 +0000 (GMT)

>I just burned a copy of my own CD, which utilizes the Exec BAT trick...
---snipped---
>Was it a long file name? CD burning sometimes truncates the name to 8+3

Nope, it was called index.bat :\ I figured that could become a problem, so I made sure that none of my file names exceeded 8+3...

Oh, on a (sorta) side note - During the process of learning to make the BAT files to work properly I learned a little about naming your files *grin* Whatever you do, DO NOT name any of your stand-alones start.exe if you plan to use a BAT file *blush* I couldn't figure out why in the world my BAT was opening up shockwave instead of my HTML file. Apparently the "start" command in the BAT tries to open start.exe :)

Chrissy Rey
Web Developer
United States Trustee Program
chrissy [dot] reyatusdoj [dot] gov