Subject: re: FLASH: Re: Director 7 is released
From: Mike Greenberg
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:33:17 +0000 (GMT)

One of the beautiful things about Director 7 is that you can make Lingo
calls to Labels and Scenes. 2 separate animals yet they work so well
together.

Michael

On Tuesday, November 17, 1998 11:16:11 AM, Rob w, Current Marketing wrote:

>Flash and Director are two totally different animals. Macromedia is wisely
integrating the two, but Director is a multimedia authoring software with
its own scripting language (lingo) that calls C++ routines, whereas Flash is
primarily an animation tool that uses limited interaction. From a
programming standpoint, Flash is rinky-dink compared to Director. From an
animating POV, Director is a hippo in a tutu compared to Flash.

>D7 is integrating Flash, but not replacing Flash as a vector animation
authoring tool. The plug-ins are chunks of code that enable the browser of
your choice to run the shockwave files (again playback as opposed to authoring).

>I doubt seriously Macromedia is going to throw away a nice fat juicy piece
of pie like Flash by making it obsolete.