Subject: RE: FLASH: Re: Director 7 is released
From: David Mendels
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:52:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Shockwave files created with Director do stream. In the early days, they
did not. Streaming has been improved in D7, and a number of pre-coded
behaviours to improve streaming come with Director 7. This combined with
many many features that will make Shockwave files smaller such as vector
support, selective JPEG compression, rotation and quad animation (instead
of having to send multiple cast members for each position of a rotating
sprite) should mean that you do not have such an experience of having to
wait with well authored Shockwave movies now.

-David
Macromedia