Subject: Re: FLASH: rough movie part III.
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:02:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Alice,

> I totally forgot to ask the main question I had in my last message. If
> you embed a movie in an html document and there are links in the movie
> ... how would I do this: if someone clicks on the link in the movie that
> takes them to the destination in the same window and then they click the
> back button, I don't want the movie to play all over again (but go to
> the final keyframe)... what do I need to specify in the movie for it to
> work?
If I understand correctly you want to return to your Menu section in a
Flash Movie when you return to it and not replay the Movie. If that is
the case this is quite easy.

Place an If Frame is Loaded Action in frame one of the Movie.

Assuming that the frame Label of the menu is Menu then:

If Frame is Loaded Label Menu
Go to and Stop Label Menu
End If

This use of 'If Frame is Loaded' doesn't use a loop.
If the Movie has been previously loaded up to the frame Menu then the If
Frame is Loaded Action will be executed. In this case it will bypass
early frames and go directly to the frame 'Menu'.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/