Subject: RE: FLASH: rough movie part III.
From: Len Harrison
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:52:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi John,

Is this really reliable/repeatable? Seems like the extremes of very slow or
fast connections or computers and very small or large flash movies would
cause this to fail. Since the movie is unloaded when we leave the page,
you're relying on the difference in speed between a local read from the
cache and getting the file off the net. But when I worked at PacBell and had
a direct hook into a t3, I often found that the net was faster than my local
hard drive. Also, I have been unable to find any evidence of cached .swf's
when using the ActiveX control under IE 4 and 5. Or am I missing something?

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com