Subject: FLASH: Killing Me With Keyboard Shortcuts
From: Colin Moock
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:15:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,
I'm adding a little momentum to the "Moused Out to the Max" thread that
went by a little while ago. I was amazed when I started using Flash 3
that MM had taken the time to change and add so many keyboard
shortcuts, and that so many of them nearly threw my hand into permanent
paralysis.

I use the Windows version the most, so my problems are mostly Windows
based. I think the Flash product management should be sat down and
forced to perform each of these with a single hand 100 times:

1) CTRL + ALT + R (rewind movie, used to be CTRL + 0)
2) CTRL + ALT + S (scale&rotate, used to be CTRL + SHIFT + S)
3) CTRL + SHIFT + G (ungroup)
4) CTRL + ALT + B (enable buttons)

And then:
5) CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + T (antialias text)
6) CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + O (outlines)
7) CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + G (enable grid)
8) CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + S (export movie)

Are you kidding me?? "CTRL ALT SHIFT + ANYTHING" is NOT a hotkey, it's
a month in carpal tunnel rehab! Any key combination that requires the
use of 80% of the digits on one hand is no shortcut.

And finally, my personal nemesis:
9) CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + C (optimize curves)

The horror.

Honestly, I don't have any idea how those things got past QA.

I've copied this message to wish-flashatmacromedia [dot] com. Please send a
note to that address if you have the same problems so MM can get a
sense of how important this is. And maybe, just maybe, they'll finally
add CTRL + and CTRL - for zoom in zoom out.

Colin