Subject: RE: FLASH: Syncing Sound
From: Quinn Merio
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:32:36 +0000 (GMT)

Totally depends on how detailed you want to get with the facial animation. If you are only opening and closing the mouth (no vowel imitations or pursing of the lips for 'p's etc):

Make the mouth it's own movie clip and add a lot of blank frames to begin so that you can see the sound on the time line. View your frames as 'large'.

Take a look at the waveform of the sound. Animate your mouth so that it opens when the waveform becomes larger (ie. the sound becomes louder) and close the mouth when the waveform becomes smaller.

For simple mouth to narration syncs , I find this method to be pretty effective.

hth,
quinn.
Q u i n n I M e r i o
Graphic Designer