Subject: Re: FLASH: font n sound in flash movie
From: mingo
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:30:04 +0000 (GMT)

At 02:18 AM 11/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Mingo,
>
>'I realized that if I used a font that's not present in another computer
>in my flash movie, it will appear as the default (times new roman ?), is
>there a way to avoid this ?'
>
>No, sorry, but you are wrong on this. How did you verify this ? Or are
>you confusing the Flash fla file with the Flash swf movie file ?

really ? both my fla and swf give me different fonts when I see them using
my home PC..?? donno why..may be i'm sleepy last nite, let me check again
when i went back tonite.

>'...record some sound clips from my CDs, I realized that the file size
>is really big for 7sec music, it 330KB, is this normal ??'
>
>Yes quite normal. File size is a linear function dependent on the
>duration of the sound and the settings you use to record it. As you
>can't do anything to shorten the duration use other settings to record,
>22050, 16 bit mono should be more than enough.

hey, thanks for the tips.

mingo

[Makeup] - What we spend two hours putting on to achieve
the "natural look".

~ Mrs Webster's Dictionary

Welcome to ah mingo digital garden
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~mingo