Subject: Re: FLASH: font n sound in flash movie
From: mingo
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:47:01 +0000 (GMT)

At 07:08 PM 11/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
Hi,

>>I realised that if I used a font that's not present in another computer in
>>my flash movie, it will appear as the default (times new roman ?),
>
>That's not true. Flash exports the font outlines when it creates the .swf
>file.

Nigel oso say that...I'll double check again.

Oh...can it be my fla file instead, double check...so will my fla file give
me a different font if the selected font is not found ??
(if that's true, then sorry for being so blur)

>>If I set the DEVICE FONT parameter to TRUE in the
>>OBJECT and EMBED tags, will this solve the problem ?
>
>Actually, this will CAUSE the problem because this setting makes Flash >use
>the user's resident fonts rather than your original font outline
>information.

i didn't set that in my code, here's my html code btw :
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Shockwave</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- Aftershock intro.swf 3=400 4=200 -->
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"

codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=3,0,0
,0"
ID=intro WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="intro.swf">
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=autohigh>
<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF>
<EMBED SRC="intro.swf" swLiveConnect=FALSE WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=200
QUALITY=autohigh BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_
Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></NOEMBED></OBJECT></BODY>
</HTML>

anything wrong with it ??

>>One question about sound, I'm using Wave Studio from Sound Blaster to
>>record some sound clips from my CDs, I realised that the file size is
>>really big for 7sec music, it 330KB, is this normal ?? is there a way to
>>compress the file ?
>>

>Sound takes up lots of file size. Try converting to 22kHz sampling rate,
>maybe even 11kHz sampling rate, 16 bit (8 bit will probably sound awful,
>but try that, too), and certainly make it mono. If Wave Studio does not
>allow you to do these conversions, download a copy of CoolEdit shareware
>for the PC (http://www.syntrillium.com) and you will find the function
>under Edit>Convert Sample Type. Be sure to work with a copy of your sound,
>not the original, unless you can easily recreate it :-)

thank you for your advise.

adios,
mingo

[Makeup] - What we spend two hours putting on to achieve
the "natural look".

~ Mrs Webster's Dictionary

Welcome to ah mingo digital garden
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~mingo