Subject: Re: FLASH: Let me rephrase my question about Flash and Director
From: RLb131
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:16:36 GMT

Hi everyone,

I wanted to respond to this thread, however I believe I could have possibly
missed its beginning.

I am completely new to Flash, came across it and felt it was something I
would like to learn. I do not consider myself a full-fledged computer
expert, but I have been using them for over 10 years and feel I do know quite
a bit; taught myself HTML and have made a few xtra doing pages. As controller
of a large paving corp I seem to have been elected as our 'computer person',
and take care of what I can of the hardware & software. I enjoy that side
away from the numbers.

I always come across something new while using computers, something I need to
spend time learning. I have been using Flash now for only about 2 months, and
have been reading these posts for about the same. My interest is soley for
self enjoyment, and I will post my work on my family's sailing magazine site.
Most of the topics here are beyond my knowledge so far, however I am learning
and sincerely appreciate the knowledge disseminated within this post. I read
most of what is posted and save anything I could use in the future as
reference material.

>From what I have seen there appear to be a lot of people who do this for a
living contributing their time and knowledge both for the benefit of those
who know and those who don't. Hopefully, everyone benefits from the sharing
of the knowledge. I know I sometimes feel like an amatuer, which in Flash I
certainly am, but I was asked to show my brother-in-law how to send email and
I realize that everyone has their levels of experience. I taught him a few
other things and he was totally amazed. "How do you know all this" was his
statement to me. Sure made me feel like a million bucks. Sorry for the
lengthy comment, but I wanted those who freely contribute their knowledge to
know it is appreciated.

Rick

flasher is generously supported by...