Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Taking Credit (was open sourcing)
From: derrickito
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:02:23 GMT

greg JGL

i dont think my original point came across quite correct and i got jumped on
rather quickly,

let me explain....

i read that he wanted to open source his project, then i looked at the
project.. i initially saw a sliding style navigation that was very similar
to barneys. i clicked around and that is what i saw... and with him saying
that he wanted to open source what he made, the first thing that came to my
mind was "this was already made, it seems like he is trying to take credit
for anothers style of work"

then i posted..

his sound gizmo being a small bottom selection i didnt think initially that
that was waht he wanted to open source

i guess i was wrong, im sorry for jumping to a hasty conclusion, i wrote
quickly without thinking it through

he got a little upset way early and told me "fuck you very much" or
something without even asking my reasoning.. kind of hard to have a normal
conversation after that

.... yeah your mail bothered me for a while, thats why im writing back..
i contribute tons of time to the flash community, local and internet...
online i help out all day at www.were-here.com where ever i can, i am a
participant of local Macromedia User Group Meetings, i teach flash to design
students at a local community college part time, and i regularly upload
audio loops and soundfx to flash boards, so i felt bothered when you said
youve never seen me contribute, i dont write killer tutorials up on flashkit
all the time like "GMF", flashguru, or popedeflash, but i spend TONS of time
helping out

sorry i came off so bad in your eyes, and sorry to post junk on this good
list, i was going to write this as a private mail to him, but felt better
about humbling publically.

sincerely
Derrick Clark
"derrickito"