Subject: FLASH: Need help on Flash CBT project
From: Stephen Britton
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:12:40 GMT

Hi Folks,

I need some advice on a project that I just started. I have
been tinkering with Flash for the past few months and I am
just starting to get the hang of it.

Here's the project - I am developing a very basic online
training program that uses "Yes/No" and "True/False" questions.
I want to make it so than when the user clicks the correct or
incorrect answer, a screen will pop up showing whether they selected
the correct question. I was thinking about using "Go To" Scene,
but Iwondering if there is a better way to do this.

<Note that I will be using some sound and small animations for this
project, otherwise I would have used JavaScript rather than Flash.)

I was also wondering if there is a way to use time responses in Flash.
For example, if the user selects the correct question, I want a screen to
pop up, telling them that they got the correct answer, and then a few
seconds later, I want them to be transferred to the next question (either
on another scene or URL). I have looked at the Flash documentation, and
didn't see anything about timing. I wonder if there is an FC command that
could do this.

And one last question - This project has 10-12 questions. All the artwork
will be created in Flash, so the files should be small. Do you suggest
using a scene for each question - creating one file or create an
individual movie for each question and linking them together on a series
of pages? The majority of the test takers will be connecting with
28.8 modems.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Stephen Britton