Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash text handling isnt up to par.
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:40:31 GMT

Hi David and all,

> > Each Instance of a character in Flash 3 takes 2 bytes and spaces use 1 byte.
> > The shape to draw a character is typically 100-200 bytes,
> THanks for the feedback as usual. I think IM a little confused on how FLash
> handles fonts. If the user doesnt have the font(In most cases they wont),
> then Flash turns the fonts into symbols.

Flash always exports the shape information of every Font character used
in a Flash movie. That is why the viewer of your Flash movie will always
see the Font you specified. Flash only exports the shapes of the
characters you use in your movie. The only time that this shape
information is not used is if DeviceFont is set and this only works for
Win 95/98/NT. I have not seen any consistant good results that merit
it's use though I have tried it many times. I just say No to Device
Font.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/