Subject: Re: FLASH: Vectorbased Animationtools + Director
From: Current Marketing
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:45:49 +0100

You might try making animating in Flash and then making a standalone projector out of Flash, then use

open "flashMovie.spl"

so that the animation is playing without using Director's Flash Asset Xtra. If this is a strictly animation driven thing, you might consider doing the whole project in Flash and making a projector out of it. i've never tried it, but it might work. And I'd imagine the animations would play faster than in Director. The Flash Asset Xtra is a little spotty in performance in my experience. I understand there's to be a better integration of the two apps with Director 7.

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998, 7:32:06 PM GMT flasher-digest wrote:

>our problem is (if its a problem) is, that the animations
are rather complex stuff that should be played full screen
(from cd) on midrange computers
its part of a serial of projects we've done before, so the grafix
can not be simplyfied or changed in style very much,
so in the end, im afraid, they have to be converted to bitmaps .
(i found that bitmaps perform faster then too complicated vectors )