Subject: Re: FLASH: Couple of questions
From: Reinis Ludviks
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:16:06 +0100

>1)I've been creating movies at the default 12fps but a lot of the best
>stuff on the web seems much smoother than the stuff I am producing - is
>this because of them using a higher fps
That one of the reasons. Try 24-28

>(I am not moving around hugely
>complicated images, but there seems to be a slow down if there is more
>than one thing tweening at once - which leads me onto my second
>quesiton....
Images ? Do you use a lot of gifs or jpegs ?

>2) Is there a performance degradation if there are lots of concurrent
>tweens happening on separate layers?
Simple pshizics.

The more movement, the more cpu load. And if there is a lot of alpha
opacity, with big images (dont try this with gifs), you got a slow
animation.

Thoe it could be because you simply have a bad machine...

>Could I rectify this by replacing
>the tweens with keyframes (eye4u's site prompted this thought as they
>seem to have a lot of stuff moving around at once, zooming in and out)
All the tweens ? OK MAN ! How long will that take - an hour for a
half-layer ?
No way - just test out diffrent loads and framerates, should go fine. DONT
use gifs,
jpg one at a time.