Subject: FLASH: Re: flasher-digest V1 #417
From: Rob w, Current Marketing
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:32:56 +0100

When you ask for people to give you feedback on your work, you have to expect
to get back a variety of opinions. I don't recall seeing a post relating to this website asking for constructive technical advice, although I may be mistaken. You may want to add to your next site announcement that "comments from the peanut gallery are not welcome, as I am too sensitive to take a bluntly worded criticism."

Incidentally, I would think that if my site's feedback responses included an opinion that my design is overused, and perhaps a bit hackneyed, that I would take note of it graciously, and refrain from flaming the person I asked to give their opinion in the first place.

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998, 12:05:27 PM GMT flasher-digest wrote:

>Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:02:07 -0700
>From: Webmaster <condoratdirect [dot] ca>
>Subject: Re: FLASH: Oval City !
>
>What I personally Would like to know is, what Mr.Sooy? <Is that his name?> Web
>site looks like, I wonder if its sooo "Original"
>and if it is great if its not then that's fine, cause that's how the world
>works, you take someone else's idea and enhance that, you won't find another
>Web site like Deep Blue, you might find one that's similar but not the exact
>same. Just think of how many great web site's used other peoples ideas?, hell
>just think of every new movie out, usually the script writer had some
>influence
>from an older movie.
>
>Or Maybe He never knew there was Alot of Oval's on the net, but like the man
>said he likes ovals! so What just because other people have them you can't use
>them? It seems that your the only one against this, and if you don't like it
>well then don't go to it. But like he said this list is suppose to be helpful,
>and from that email you wrote there is not one word of helpfulness that I can
>see, except telling us that your against ovals? and do we care what you like
>or
>dislike? no, he asked for help....Think before you write.
>

>~ R ~
>

>Gavin_Hollandatjba [dot] co [dot] uk wrote:
>
>> Listen Mate,
>> I posted my mail to the Flash list for a bit of technical,
>> constructive advice and not for someone to go slagging my work off. I was
>> under the impression that the list was a place where people could exchange
>> ideas and help each other with various Flash issues, obviously I was wrong.
>> I know my site is not groundbreaking and is probably not the most original
>> piece of flash on the NET but does this have to stop me posting to the
>> list, sorry but I was unaware that to use this list you already had to be
>> some kind of Flash Guru. Sorry for causing such offense Mr Sooy, but feel
>> free to close your browser and please take your snotty attitude with you.
>> Besides, I LOVE OVALS !!!!!!!!
>> Cheers !
>> For all lovers of Ovals go to :
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~gavin.holland/deepblue/
>>
>> Subject: RE: FLASH: New Site !
>> I hate to be the only one who thinks this,
>> but if i see another spinning oval I'm going to close my browser. Don't
>> get
>> me wrong, I love my copy of FLASH, but it seems like 3/4 of the FLASH
>> content on the web is virtually indistinguishable from any other.

>> For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com

****
Robert Womack
New Media Director
CurrentMarketing
v.502.589.3567
f.502.586.6448
e [dot] rob_watcurrentmarketing [dot] com