Subject: Re: FLASH: stuck
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:36:41 +0100

I'd need to see the file in order to really advise you but you mentioned
bitmaps and those can really slow Flash down.

1. First I would evaluate how much you really need those bitmaps.

2. Then I'd look at the ones you have to use and test Flash's trace on
then and export it and see if that helps the size. Some images with a
lot of flat color areas can be greatly reduced in file size this way.

3. If you are animating those bitmaps, are you animating them all at the
same time? One at a time can stream and animate better.

4.You can preload your bitmaps behind a mask layer. I'd add one at a
time in the timeline and see if this helps your problem.

Hope this helps. Don't want that aneurysm to get you.

Dorian Nisinson

--
Dorian Nisinson Design
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)

The Flash Fortune Teller
Ask and you shall be answered!
http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm

Flash Central-- The Source for Flash Information
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

http://www.bway.net/~dorian
Graphic Design, Illustration, Flash Design
Photoshop 4 Actions too