Subject: Re: FLASH: Slow frame rate
From: Andy Lim
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 07:15:44 +0100

At 11:08 PM 9/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Just because you set the frame rate to 30 doesn't mean Flash will be
>able to play at that speed.
>Only a highly optimized Flash pesentation running on a very fast
>computer with the latest video drivers will play near 30 frames per
>second.
>Unlike Director which already has images set for raster (bitmap) display
>Flashes compact vectors need to use the computer's processing power to
>convert the small vector files into a Raster image.
>Faster speed for Flash is likely in the future.
>'Microsoft and Macromedia are now collaborating to optimize Flash output
>for Microsoft's DirectX Media runtime.'
>http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/open/partners/
>
>----------- -----------------------
>John Croteau croteauaterols [dot] com (mailto:croteauaterols [dot] com)

Thanks John
I tried it on a Pentium II 300 and it worked fine, though I had to increase
the overall length of the movie to compensate for the increased processing
speed.

By the way, would preloading the frames (ie. using the "Wait for frame"
action) have helped?

Andy Lim

http://members.tripod.com/~andy_lim/
http://www.netsource-asia.com/my/var/andylim/