Subject: Re: FLASH: Help with converting MP3 to .WAV
From: james
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:19:21 +0100

--- Janou <janouatLinuxFreak [dot] com> wrote:
> > When I try to convert this file to a wav, straight
> through, the filesize turns out to be 50MB. If I cut
> it down to a frequensy of 11.025KHz, if goes down to
> 12MB. This seems to be the best I can do without
> having any distorted sound. I am using smacker to
> convert the sound. I tried magic audio ring and also
> awave, but could not get the filesize lower.
> ----
You are better off sticking with the MP3 compression
as wav files can be huge, even with low quality, as
you've noticed.

Are you using Flash 3 or 4? If 4, look into the MP3
options.

Otherwise, you'll need to break the wav file up into
pieces and place them in different movies, if that's
possible. That way you don't have to load it all at
once.

Or, if it's something you really want your visitors to
be able to hear, just make it a seperate download link
to an MP3, RealAudio, or whatever, don't put it in
your movie.

Just some thoughts...

Need some killer tunes to get you through the day?
Point your Winamp player to:
216.32.166.89:30360