Subject: Re: FLASH: Posted without permission Now Does Flash suck
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:03:05 +0100

I do agree with what you have said and I wanted to add a bit.

If I was an architect hired to build a store, first I would get the
specifications for the job: X number of square feet, style of the
building, amenities etc. The client wants customers to come right in and
buy. He wants delivery of his stock to be quick and efficient. He wants
rest rooms on all floors and a storage facility for his stock. If I give
the client something that has a long tunnel to get into the store and
make the real entry into the actual selling floor one of several
strangely marked doorways, and maybe the doors don't quite fit true and
the loading dock doesn't work with the kind of trucks that normally
deliver the goods, should I blame my T-square or the drafting table? I
don't think so.
Flash is a whole lot more than a T-square but it is still a tool. The
tool-user makes the decisions. Design is the issue not the program used
to implement the design. The whole wonderful part of Flash is that it
enables the designer to make decisions about many more aspects of a site
than HTML does.
I have seen many many html sites that are much slower to load than a
Flash site, and certainly uglier and less intuitive to navigate. All
these issues, speed, interface and navigation are products of thought,
not products of tools.

Dorian

--
Coming Soon Flash 4 Web Animation F/X and Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576105555/flashcentral

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.FlashBible.com/members/TellTarget/
The Flash Fortune Teller http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm
Dorian Nisinson Design
http://www.bway.net/~dorian
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)