Subject: Re: FLASH:Now Does Flash suck
From: Paul Kaiser
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:10:03 +0100

Well, there are a lot of cool intros out there and such. I do see how
people could get tired of them. If I have to wait for 400k Flash movie to
download on the MAIN PAGE of a site, I'm clickin' the heck out of there.

However, let's remember that Flash allows for awesome interactivity with
small file sizes. Applications?
Hmmm...
-- Online Education
-- Product Demonstrations
-- Games
-- and perhaps others

It's similar to a Quicktime Movie. I'll wait for a 3 MB Quicktime movie to
download if it is what I am after. But would you put it as the one and only
link on your home page? I hope not.

Granted, Flash files are much smaller, but still -- I did not ask to see a
flashy intro. Give me some neat little Flash banners maybe, that load super
quickly, but I don't get any better impression of your company with a 400K
Flash intro than with 0.2K of headline HTML text that tells me the Key
Benefits I Receive by dealing with you.

Just some thoughts, I'll be quiet now and wait for someone to fix my menus.
Paul Kaiser