Subject: Re: FLASH: gee whiz
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:52:39 +0100

At 12:00 PM 9/28/99 , you wrote:
>Hi flashers,
>
>would someone be so kind as to have a look at this url (it is too cool) and
>tell me how the graphics were done...and make any other comments that strike
>you......are they traced bitmaps?

>thanks in advance.
>
>http://gsanz.com/fcm/

Hi Bob,

Use right-click>zoom and you will see the pixels that tell you it is a
bitmap. There are some vector elements added (such as the clock
hands). Note the fixed size, which is a consequence of needing to keep the
bitmap at its original size (otherwise pixelization occurs). Easiest way to
make things appear in the monitor is to have a mask above them, limiting
their visible area to the shape of the monitor screen. Awhile back, I
created an all-vector, scalable Flash page on the same theme (virtual
desk), on display at http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler/ik-dumb.htm. I
must admit, however, I do like the softness of the bitmap used on the site
you referenced.

Marc

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com).
My Flash Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)