Subject: Re: UKNM: ho ho ... oh.
From: Ben Thompson
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:09:18 +0100

For those who have not read the article the gist is that you can write a
program to simulate ad impressions or click throughs. If this is new to
anyone I would be surprised although personally I would never have tried to
demonstrate it.

Actually this is not new. I have had discussions about this problem for the
past three years (if not longer). One thing worth noting is that this is not
a problem with Porn sites where each IP address is counted only once a day.

True its a problem if you are not aware of it but there are simple methods
of avoiding it.

yours,

Ben