Subject: Re: UKNM: Dot Com Fever
From: Speechrad
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 03:04:06 +0100

Hi,
Re the bubble busting - I jest spoke with someone who has been rasing money
for startups for at least 10 years across all sectors including in recent
years, the net.
His opinion was that there may be a slight down turn and levelling but
hardly
likely to be a 'burst' If it happens the economic cycle of funding indicates
it should be around the next month. Of course, the net is a bit different
but
economics is economics.
As we have seen, Microsoft's troubles had a big effect on technology stocks
and it has caused a little slowing down.
Amazon and lastminute and freeserve (and other ISP stocks) have been
affected
by a variety of things including unmetered access, but one man's problem is
another's opportunity - those supplying streaming content (like us) were
overjoyed for the same reasons freeserve looked glum.
Programmes like Panorama do nothing to help people like us on this list with
sensible proposals, but you just have to put up with what the media say and
do. At least we have the Internet to put across our own views, investors
will
always back businesses, they need them to keep their system going even in
sectors where there is concern.
Look, even Rover has people trying to grab it!

Michael Trott
Operations Director
Speechradio.com Ltd. - The Internet's Leading Audio Content Provider
Visit Internet Radio at www.studentradio.co.uk, www.arenaradio.co.uk,
www.radiohtml.com
Free radio for your website from http://www.speechradio.com

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com