Subject: Re: UKNM: old chestnuts: upfront registration
From: Clay Shirky
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:26:43 +0100

> I'd like to barrel in on this topic by saying that I do not trust 'stats' in
> the first place (see: lies, damn lies and statistics).
>
> That said, the great majority of Internet users are after anything they can
> get for free - they also like to feel anonymous whenever possible.

According to whom? To you? You started this post by saying you don't
trust stats, but if you don't trust stats, where are you getting this
figure about 'the great majority'?

Three people have replied to stef's question, and two of those
why not finish the job and be too lazy to hit the 'Reply' button as
well.

-clay