Subject: Re: UKNM: JUNGLE.COM
From: Mike Butcher
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:41:31 +0100

Funny - I've seen billboards for QXL in Essex. Perhaps they're looking for
investment from Ford Sierra drivers....

Better to impress investors with big fat user figures, no?

>Perhaps they're looking for a quick IPO (although, if they have VC
>behind them then this may not be necessary!) - reminds me of QXL's
>campaign, I know I am cynical but I got the feeling that they weren't
>necessarily trying to impress or capture buyers, but were aimed at
>impressing potential investors. They'll need to impress them, they're
>way over-valued.
>
>Why else would you focus most of your marketing spend on billboards and
>tubes in the Central London / City area?

Mike Butcher, Editor, New Media Age , 61-62 Berners St, London
Online advertising, marketing, publishing, e-commerce - every week
T: 0171 577 7254 F: 0171 578 7244 http://www.nma.co.uk
Email news: Send JOIN ALERT to nma [dot] alertatcentaur [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:nma [dot] alertatcentaur [dot] co [dot] uk)
Subscribe: http://nma.oyster.co.uk/public/online/subscribe.html