Subject: UKNM: Re: Mobile Commerce
From: Anthony
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:18:12 +0100

Dear all,

It's really fascinating to see so many different feedback and comments to
the topic "Mobile Commerce". However, I find some contradicting views
within this forum and with other forums I visit.

Is WAP based on WML (simplied from XML) ?
Is i-Mode based on packets, so it's "always on" and hence cheaper ?
is i-Mode based on cHTML ?
How will Bluetooth help with the bandwidth problem ?
How would the telco consortium leverage their i-Mode technical and marketing
expertise in Europe ?
Will there really be a merged version of WAP and i-Mode by the two camps
without wasting loads of time and resources in Europe ?
Will the US be different from Europe like anything else ?

I know M-Commerce will definitely take off because Wireless has so much
potential benefits to offer (technically and commercially). Can anyone
enlighten me as to what will really be needed for a successful take-off ?
Let's take a real-life scenario such as Mobile Banking which is very hot in
Europe at the moment.

Regards,

Anthony

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036