Subject: Re: UKNM: the internet on your phone - yeah right!
From: Ruth Stone
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:48:56 GMT

Couldn't agree more Lee.

In my book slating WAP is on a par with poo-pooing the entire internet on
the basis of flash only sites - great when it works for those with the
technical capacity, but a frustrating experience the majority without.

What you do now online and through mobiles should not be determined by the
wide and varied creation software out there but rather by the minimum
capabilities of the user's mobile devices (calling them phones is
fast-becoming a misnomer).

However reponsible PRs and journos do ensure the press carries the truth -
albeit a transient quantity these days.

It is the likes of BT and their misleading ads that created the hype which
turned consumers off WAP in their droves. And when the WAP / i-mode hybrid
you speak of emerges they are gonna take some convincing.

Ruth