Subject: Re: UKNM: Internet appliances in the home (was Ranty philosophy)
From: Laurence Grayson
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:29:39 GMT

The trouble is (as with most things), too many companies have different
ideas about where the driving technology is coming from and want the biggest
piece for themselves.

The Cisco box could just as easily have a Sony, Panasonic or Philips logo,
with an I-Link (IEEE-1394 or FireWire) network router inside. Heck - I
wouldn't be surprised if Micro$oft wasn't planning to get in on the action
(perhaps with an Intel-based USB2 solution?)

The reason that the revolution has barely begun is because everyone's waving
different banners around in different parts of the city.

Er. That was supposed to be witty - but just came out as rather strange.

Cheers!
Laurence