Subject: RE: UKNM: bt now free shocker - but it is a limited service...
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:32:28 GMT

Mmmm. I quite like the idea of paying for things via the phonebill.

I know in the US this is sometimes done (mind you it's often related to
sex lines!) but I seem to remember Gremlin the software company were
saying that in the future you would be able to pay for things on the
phone bill (this was way back in 1991ish when they had a company doing
premium rate interactive lines)

So if you say something that cost �20 or so, you would dial the number
for that item, it would be delivered and then it would be charged on
your bill!

Of course, there concern is for parents with children who may start
charging things to the phonebill. But if this is what BT is thinking and
possibly other telcos, then it offers another avenue for selling.

Alas, at the bunder residence we pay monthly, so 30 days credit for
us!<g>

Leslie
Leslie Bunder, technology writer, Teletext on the Web
e-mail: LBunderatteletext [dot] co [dot] uk (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
web: http://www.teletext.co.uk
tel: 0171 386 3667 (inside UK) or +44 171 386 3667 (outside UK)