Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] RE: banner ads v PR
From: salinka
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 04:24:06 -0000

um...as a person who works at an interactive agency, the problem i have
with some PR agencies is that they don't always cooperate with the ad
agency. sometimes it's our fault because we fail to keep the PR agency in
the loop. sometimes it's the PR group's fault because they don't let us in
on their promo ideas until it's too late for us to help. and sometimes it's
the client's fault because we are not allowed to be in contact with their
PR agency or have no clue who it is. go figure...

maybe having a one stop shop; i.e, all under one roof seems like a good
idea. i've had plenty of PR type of ideas that would have worked well with
some of the online promotions we've put together. but your situation mario
is the exception & not the rule. at least on my side of the pond.

from where i sit, it would be nice if we could just work together to
achieve client objectives by focusing on our own expertise rather than
trying to "do it all." agencies create adverts and branding campaigns &
when they have an interactive arm, the online initiatives (excluding the
PR). pr agencies create the buzz to fuel it all. clients can crash the
whole party by being uncooperative. :)

nuff ranting.