Subject: No Subject
From: Chinwag
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:52:19 GMT

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:28:58 +0000
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:25:33 +0000
To: uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com
From: Lee Bryant <leeattmg [dot] co [dot] uk>
Subject: RE: UKNM: Revolution's Top 100
Sender: owneratchinwag [dot] com

I would like to ask the same question. The NM Marketing field is already highly self-referential and cliquey. If we are interested in new ideas, fresh approaches and so on then the process of judging a "top 100" by mentions in the industry press will not help us learn anything at all. All it will do is perpetuate the feedback loop which already exists.

Shouldn't we be focusing on what's actually good, or new, or innovative, rather than press mentions in a handful of publications which constantly re-cycle stories about the same people and companies?

At 15:44 25/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Can anyone shed some light on what precisely is meant by Top 100? Does it
>refer to those with the highest salaries or just those with the highest
>media profile?
>
>If it's simply a case of counting how many times a particular person is
>mentioned in the press, then why not hire a press cuttings agency? It
>would be simpler and probably cheaper given the number of man-hours that
>will go into this self-congratulatory excercise.

Lee Bryant (leeattmg [dot] co [dot] uk)
Creative Director
TMG HYPERMEDIA