Subject: RE: UKNM: Cost of bringing in visitors
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:47:49 GMT

Seen >20% on high traffic retail B2C, but then that is my job! I did speak
to one very large entertainment retailer who said if they could reach 1% he
would be a happy man. Someone recently told me Amazon achieves 9%, but that
sounds a bit high given my completely non-technical research of asking
friends and colleagues who buys from Amazon versus just browsing and then
buying cheaper elsewhere.

There is also the factor of repeat purchasers, which certainly affects the
numbers as you would hope that your repeat visitors are more likely to buy
than those who are coming to you for the first time.

The comment earlier about margins and lifetime value of the customer is
clearly of serious significance when planning the marketing.

Robin

--
Robin Edwards
Clockworx