Subject: Re: UKNM: Credit card fraud
From: Andres Varela
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:43:38 +0100

Ben Thompson wrote

>Concerning gambling it is probably worth mentioning that gambling via Visa
>and MasterCard is a breach of their merchant service agreements and banks
>can be removed from the network for breach of this term. And, yes, I have
>done my research (http://www.firstlive.com was the last piece of contract
>work I did).

Not sure if you're wrong or we're a special case then. Visa is actually our
players' most popular card, and in fact (I'm told by the accountants and
techs) we're beta testing all kinds of SET gubbins for Visa in Switzerland.

Perhaps we're an exception because we've got a government license and the
transactions are paid straight into a Red Cross bank account. We certainly
have a ridiculously low cost per transaction (on all cards) for that reason.

-A/

Andres Varela - The Electronic Fundraising Company
5 St Mary Abbot's Place - London W8 6LS
(t) +44 171 603 7737 (f) +44 171 603 7481 (m) +44 7970 833404

http://www.millions2000.com/